Down the Moor
On this, their second record, they have augmented their arrangements and supplemented their core sound with additional instruments, sounds and colours, all adroitly guided by the hand of producer Dónal O’Connor. They have gone from strength to strength since the release of their critically-acclaimed album, Tús Nua, in 2016, also on the Gael Linn label.
The band’s members John and Jacinta McEvoy, Rachel Garvey and John Wynne are steeped in traditional music and it’s no surprise that they are sought after to teach and mentor younger musicians at various Summer schools all over the country. The singer of the band is Rachel Garvey is an All-Ireland winner in both Irish and English song.
Producer: Dónal O’Connor.
They have assembled some of Ireland’s finest musicians: John Joe Kelly on Bodhrán, Alan Kelly on Piano Accordion, Michael McCague on bouzouki and Conor & Paddy McEvoy on Fiddle & Piano.
The album also features new tune compositions from the group’s fiddler, John McEvoy which were created especially for this record.
1. On the Edge (Jig set 4:29)
2. The Death of Queen Jane (Song 5:08)
3. The Gypsy Princess (Medley 3:27)
4. Seán Bán (Song 3:50)
5. Jack Rowe’s (Slow reel 2:28)
6. As I Roved Out (Song 3:34)
7. Monasteraden set (Reels 3:10)
8. Heather Down the Moor (Song 3:44)
9. Kitty got a clinking coming from the fair (Flings 3:11)
10. Mo Cheallaichín Fionn (Song 3:28)
11. Patrick Kelly’s Waltz (3:31)
12. The Cocks are Crowing (Song 2:33)
13. The Harvest Knot/The Healing Stone (Reels 2:40)